Making it Better is a two-day program aimed at enabling Grade 6 students to work towards fulfilling their potential as leaders of the school and to prepare them for the challenges of their transition year.
The program is one step in a journey in which students will help to ‘Make it Better’ :
- for themselves – by developing self esteem and resilience,
- for their classmates – by being appreciative of difference and the contribution these can make to the group,
- for their school – by gaining confidence as seniors in the school and demonstrating the qualities expected of them by teaching staff and younger students,
- for their community and environment – by being challenged to make a commitment and get involved.
The program is a mix of both instructional sessions and practical activities where students are given an opportunity to:
- identify a problem and consider ways to take action to address it,
- devise strategies and formulate plans to assist in the completion of challenging tasks,
- develop skills that will contribute towards effective communication,
- explain the influence of emotions on behaviour, learning and relationships,
- contribute towards achieving a shared goal in group situations,
- practise strategies that will diffuse or resolve conflict situations,
- help to organise group activities that address a common need.
We recommend booking in the first term to establish ways of working and goals that can be achieved throughout the year. It is highly recommended that the class teacher be present, as this is a great opportunity to learn more about the challenges the cohort may face as they complete their primary school journey and prepare for the transition to high school.
Making it better - Curriculum Activity Risk Assessment 2020
Making it better Archery - Curriculum Activity Risk Assessment 2020
Make a booking!